Becoming a Client of Nickerson Law Group
Introductory Call or Email
We meet many of our clients through an Initial Visit.
When you contact our office, one of our friendly team members will gain a basic understanding of your particular situation and concerns so the attorney knows generally what to expect at your Initial Visit.
Gathering Needed Information
Once you have scheduled your Initial Visit, we will send you our Information Packet, which includes:
- Basic information about planning and our firm
- The date and time of your Initial Visit
- Directions to our office
- A confidential worksheet for you to fill out and bring to your Initial Visit.
It is important to bring your completed worksheet to your Initial Visit.
Your Initial Visit
- Estate Planning Part of your Estate Planning Initial Visit time will be spent on educating our firm's attorneys about your family, your goals, your assets and your current plan. We will also educate you as to the various planning options available and our firm's estate planning process. If you are ready to design your estate plan, that can be accomplished during your Estate Planning Initial Visit.
- Probate During your Probate Initial Visit we will learn about the decedent and the decedent's family members and assets. You will be asked to bring certain documents to your Probate Initial Visit, including the decedent's will and death certificate if available. We will review the various time frames and what to expect as we move forward with your probate matter.
- Guardianship During your Guardianship Initial Visit we will learn about your family and the incapacitated or individual with special needs. We will discuss the guardianship process and if we all agree that guardianship is necessary we will begin the process and set timelines.
- Special Needs Planning During Special Needs Planning Initial Visit time will be used to learn about your family, the incapacitated or individual with special needs and what planning steps you have already accomplished. We will review our Special Needs Planning Steps and determine which ones you want to tackle first. We will help you prioritize and begin the implementation of the primary areas of concern.
- Laureate Planning Strategies For families with estates over $10,000,000, we have a process to ensure all options are thought through before any implementation of irrevocable planning takes place. Learn more about our Laureate Planning process.
- Long-Term Care Planning During your Long-Term Care Planning Initial Visit, we will learn more about you, your family, your assets, and your long-term care needs. We will then discuss our process for ensuring all options are carefully considered and thought through before implementing your Long-Term Care Plan.
When you are Ready
When you are ready to schedule an Initial Visit, please call or complete the Request an Initial Visit form and we will give you a call.